Code of Practice
In accordance with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, sellpension.co.uk do not provide any financial advice. We are simply a lead generation website that puts you in touch with a pension review expert.
Selling your pension or releasing the cash in your pension will almost certainly mean that you will have less income in retirement AND because of the reduced level of income, pension unlocking is usually only suitable for a very limited number of people and circumstances.
All other options should be investigated fully before you consider unlocking your pension.
Many people seek to unlock their pension because of financial pressures, but all other avenues should be explored too, such as:
1. Talking to your creditors
2. Consolidation loans/cheaper credit
3. Debt Counselling
4. Individual Voluntary Arrangement
6. Raising other funds
7. We offer a free service by introducing you to a pension review expert who will speak to you about your pension, but you have to think carefully if it is something you would like to do.
Think very carefully!
Pension Release – the dangers:
1. There may be penalties for releasing your pension early
2. You could incur penalties for taking it early (e.g. market value reductions)
3. You could lose guaranteed benefits
4. You may lose a future guaranteed income
5. Any income could be taxed
6. There could be loss of benefits for your partner and/or children
7. You may lose benefits in the event of ill health
8. Taking benefits could mean that you can not claim some state benefits, either now or in the future
9. There are costs incurred with unlocking a pension (we do not charge any charge anything whatsoever!, We put you in touch with pension review experts)
10. Pensions are usually safe from creditors in the event of bankruptcy – cash in the bank is not
We hope this has been of some help to you!